Home not feel like home?
Step Closer is a family support project which can help young people and their families to find better ways of communicating with each other. We can also support young people and their families to reach a better understanding of each others needs and to find practical ways to get along at home. If necessary, in situations when the young person is no longer living at home, we can assist the young person to build bridges with their families.
- You might be finding it difficult to communicate with some of your family members (parents, brothers and sisters, step-family etc.), and someone here could sometimes help both sides listen to one another in a neutral place.
- You can be assured that all the sessions are confidential so you can feel free to share any issues which are bothering you or any difficulties that you might have.
- Taking part in the Step Closer project is voluntary, which means that it will go on only if you wish it too. Nobody can be forced to participate in the family process!
- You can start off by talking on your own to the family support worker, who can help you decide when and who from your family could be included later on. Then, together, we will find the best way to work with you and your family.
- You can see the family worker once, for a few sessions or for a longer term- it depends on you and your family.
If you want to know more about this project or if you think you and your family might benefit from this, give us a call and make an appointment to come and meet us or just drop in to Step Forward.